Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Write the differences between Isolated I/O and Memory Mapped I/O.

Differences Between Isolated I/O and Memory Mapped I/O:

Isolated I/O
No.
Memory Mapped I/O
Isolated I/O uses separate memory space.
01
Memory mapped I/O uses memory from the main memory.

Limited instructions can be used. Those are IN, OUT, INS, OUTS.
02
Any instruction which references to memory can be used.
The addresses for Isolated I/O devices are called ports.
03
Memory mapped I/O devices are treated as memory locations on the memory map.
IORC & IOWC signals expands the circuitry.
04
IORC & IOWC signals has no functions in this case which reduces the circuitry.

42 comments:

  1. it was helpful...thanx..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is easy to understand thanx for this :

    ReplyDelete
  3. which one should we use while connecting 7 segment lcd.>?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I studied these in my 7th semester, 1.5 years back. I can't answer you. These are just my notes those I made at that time, hoping that someone else will help you.

      Delete
  4. Thanks a lot....

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is crap... and specific instructions are listed

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would you please tell me what IORC & IOWC stand for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IORC = Input Output Read Command
      IOWC = Input Output Write Command

      Delete
  7. Oh Really Thanks a lot I really needed it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome. Hoping that this will help you out...

      Delete
  8. THANKS SIR ,,,,,,,,,,, CAN U HELP ME MORE

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. Welcome, glad to see my notes helping others ...

      Delete
  10. Thanx man.great notes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. difference u writtrn is quite in the easy language ....i love it....plz add some more difference u know.....that may help us

      Delete
    2. Whenever I get spare time, I do try to post the notes I wrote and will keep trying.

      Latest Notes are on OOP with C++

      Delete
  11. ACTUALLY helpful thankzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Did ny1 noticed points 1 and 3 ?? Repeated !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Parimay Sharma for noticing, I also didn't noticed, however, erased it.

      Delete
  13. wt is diff. b/w memory mapping and i/o mapping

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for this really helped me

    ReplyDelete

Leave your valuable thoughts before leaving..